Discussion thread for the new high output chain

A board dedicated to the Last Dynasty's Chain.
Oof
Allegiance Council

Discussion thread for the new high output chain

Post by Oof » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:40 pm

This is the thread where I hope all of the discussion for the new high output chain will be posted.

Yes, I put up this thread before I put up the post which will describe the new chain and ask people to indicate they want to move to it. I wanted to let people know to expect a post about the new chain shortly, but mostly I wanted to get people to post the arguments for or against in THIS post.

Putting all of the discussion in this post will make tracking the members who are post interest in the other post much easier.

You can start posting your thoughts in here right now if you like, but I would recommend waiting a few more minutes until I post the rules, quota, etc. :P

The new chain is something the managers have been talking about for quite a while now, trying to work out the details. The announced change to the Allegiance system will obviously change some of the details about how the new chain will work; those we will just have to figure out later.

One of the primary reasons for moving ahead and restructuring into a high output chain (for those who can handle it and want to do so) is to get some loyalty bonuses maxed before the Allegiance system changes take effect. Turbine has stated whatever loyalty bonuses are at the time of the change, they will keep those same bonuses in effect. When someone swears to a new patron after the February changes, the loyalty bonus will be built up under the new system. The general indication is the bonus will take longer (possibly much longer) to rebuild than before.

By restructuring now, the people who want to maximize their loyalty bonus have time to do so before the February changes.

Stay tuned for more information when the chain rules post goes up in a few minutes.

Thanks,

The Chain Managers
Last edited by Oof on Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allegiance Council Member
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:58 pm

I'd like to go at the top and have everyone sworn under me passing up 500 billion a day.

oh and I want no quota, can you take care of that for me?

On a serious note, how are we doing this, rotating chain? rotating piramid?
and are we going to set a 101% quota? 100%?
Shindhi/Phade/Flesh Puppet -SC - Retired
Shindhi/Wamphyri - DT - Retired

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/ ... icker2.jpg[/img]

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:47 pm

Oof wrote,
You can start posting your thoughts in here right now if you like, but I would recommend waiting a few more minutes until I post the rules, quota, etc. :P
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:48 pm

But those were my thoughts at the time :|

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:58 pm

LOL
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:01 pm

Reswearing into the new chain now may reset your loyalty bonus. If that happens to your (new) chain vassel you will take a hit in XP until the bonus is rebuilt. The chain passthrough will remain at 93.75% until the February patch, since a maxed loyalty bonus doesn't affect that.

One of the reasons to move to the new chain now is to prepare for the long term.

Not everyone will choose to absorb a potentail XP loss now for a higher loyalty bonus in the new chain. If moving doesn't appeal to you, you can always choose to stay where you are, and move later if you like.
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Phade
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Phade » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:07 pm

The bonus however can be rebuild pretty quickly if you just leave yourself logged on overnight for a day or 2.

Just do what I do and forget your toon at the mansion, leaving poor shindhi doing the dance emote for 3 or 4 days straight

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:14 pm

Phade brings up a good point. If your leadership and loyalty is high enough, you don't have to do your allegiance buffs. Make sure they are though: since most of us don't have leadership trained it can really hurt the chain if your leadership buffs drop.

PSA for everyone. It takes 10 days of running 24/7 to max the loyalty bonus. Loyalty bonus = 240 of sworn ingame time.

We can have a line of drudge dancing toons all in front of the mansion. :lol:
Oof@lastdynasty.net

Kazsam
Professional Farmer
Professional Farmer

Post by Kazsam » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:14 pm

Ok interested in how u think this will work once the new changes re; xp come into effect
[img]http://lastdynasty.net/pics/kazsamsig.jpg[/img]
<Shindhi_AC> without you kaz, AC woudl be a lot more boring =)

Thorgrim
Farmer
Farmer

Post by Thorgrim » Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:27 pm

Ditto to what Kaz Said.

Thorgrim
Kill em' All, Let God Sort em out.
HAR HAR!!!
Live and Let Live
I should be Monarch

Retread
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Retread » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:53 am

Right now, my thoughts on this is that with the announcement of the xp changes and my own study of the situation, I don't think chains will be very workable at all going forward except where a small number of trusted friends are involved and really the term chain will be a misnomer for the new structures.

For most people, just obtaining vassals who play a lot will be the better option and the option most chose. Being available and helpful to vassals will be the new model(again!)

Of course, I may be wrong. But I think I will take a sit back and see approach due to the short time between now and the changes. Since I plan to request removal from OH 1 week prior to the new changes so I can be ready to adapt to the new dynamic, I don't think it will be good overall for me to move now. If it looks like there are not enough folks to make the new chain work, then feel free to ask me to join. Making the quota is no problem but I just see it as a great idea that is too late.

I'm quite confident most of us will still be able to soar to high lvls inspite of any new dynamic introduced.

Gruhen Do

Vlad
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Vlad » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:25 am

well I have leadership tradined and buffed around 297, I am not really sure the benefit of having leadership after the patch do you know anyone?

Darryl the great
Planter
Planter

Post by Darryl the great » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:43 am

man i cant wait until the feb patch comes in.. before with my mini chains they really sucked because i had to hunt with a high high level and they all overall got bad XP... heres my overview of my new chain come february..

i have 5 completely new slots, what im going to do is make a reroll of one of my chars.. lets say he is called 1.. now the rest are 2 3 4 5 6 soo 2 will swear to 1 and 3 to 2 etc and then i will start on level 6 and les say i make around 10,000XP. he will get 9k meaning hes probably same level .. then he will get 10,000 more resultig in number 4 getting around 11k then so on for the rest until eventually 1 is higher level =D but yeh neways i think alot of people are gonna reroll... i also have a level 92 sworn under a level 70 so thats great especially for every1 else who is level 126+ ... imagine a level 200 swearing under a level 126 and making uberloads =D!! :D
poo

Retread
Gardener
Gardener

Post by Retread » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:03 am

Leadership was capped around 165. From my reading it appears as if this cap will be removed and leadership will be more valuable than before. Also, whereas the maximum leadership benefit from having vassals was 12, I think they said that the maximum benefit you can aquire will result from just 4 vassals.

I think they meant that you now get less benefit to your leadership by having vassals and more by upping your leadership.

In response to:

"....imagine a level 200 swearing under a level 126 and making uberloads"

Well, I don't think that really matters. I don't think most lvl 200's can make much more xp/hr than me. Likely, we'd be in the same fellow making the same amount. And if that lvl 200 only hunts solo, which is the only scenario they might have a real advantage , then I'm sure I'm going to outperform them in my fellow.

Oof
Allegiance Council

Post by Oof » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:17 am

Kazsam said,
Ok interested in how u think this will work once the new changes re; xp come into effect
Gruhen do said,
Right now, my thoughts on this is that with the announcement of the xp changes and my own study of the situation, I don't think chains will be very workable at all going forward except where a small number of trusted friends are involved and really the term chain will be a misnomer for the new structures.

For most people, just obtaining vassals who play a lot will be the better option and the option most chose. Being available and helpful to vassals will be the new model(again!)
Honestly, we're not sure exactly how any of this is going to work, at least not until we see it running after the changes are put in place or until Turbine publishes their numbers on how the leader/loyalty bonus will be built.

How I think it will work is roughly: okay, but not as efficiently as before. The automatic passthrough rate of 93.75% is an insanely high percentage of XP to pass through from vassal to patron and it's no wonder chains were built in the first place. I don't think Turbine's new system will eliminate chains; it will simply change the way they work. Under the new system your direct vassal can pass up to 90% of their hunted XP to you. You will pass up 10% of what you receive, and only 1% will reach your grandpatron. Your direct vassal becomes more important than before (before you could tolerate slackers in the chain for a while, you won't under the new system).

There will be no need or benefit to stacking people up like we currently do in the chains, other than it is a convenient way to see everyone's stats. I think Gruhen do said it right when he said the term chain will be a misnomer.

We plan to start out with a chain structure like now, with every effort to have maxed loyalty bonuses before the February patch (we get to keep our loyalty bonus in effect at the time). In reality, nothing will matter except what your vassal hunts for and what you hunt for. What we will have will in reality be a bunch of little cells strung together for administrative purposes.

I think the XP will still be good, but probably not as high as it currently is. I think once we get the math we will figure out how to make it as efficient as possible.

The last thing I think is that I partially agree with something else Gruhen said, "For most people, just obtaining vassals who play a lot will be the better option and the option most chose." I think an active power player who has a handful of active vassals will receive more XP that will be possible in a normal chain. However, I also think most people (and maybe especially longer term chainers) will be too lazy or lack the patience to go through the hundreds of noob vassals to find the few who will stick around (looking ahead to when Turbine makes the game available for purchase again). It will be the easiest thing to stay in a chain, hunt, and depend on your chain vassal hunting also.

Right now, assuming everyone hunts for 100 million raw XP per week, your vassal would pass you roughly 40 million and you would pass up 37.5 to your patron (plus 40 million from what you hunted for).

You would be up 140 million for the week (your hunted + vassal XP) and your patron would be up 177.5 million (patron's hunted + your 40M + vassal's 37.5M)

Under the new systemy your vassal would pass you roughly 90 million and you would pass up 9 million to your patron. You would be up 190 million (yourhunted + vassal XP) and your patron would be up 199 million (patron's hunted + your 90M + vassal's 9M).
Oof@lastdynasty.net